Monday, March 4, 2013

Dog Blanket

So I know I wrote about his dog blanket in his 7 month post but I want it to be more documented how attached to this thing he really is.

So a few nights ago we fed him his first "Stage 2" foods and it was chicken noodle. Well he loved it so much that he ate almost the entire jar (keep in mind they are bigger than the "Stage 1" so it is more food). By the time he got half way through the jar Marc and I were saying to each other that we should probably stop because he'll get a belly ache from eating more than he's used to but at the same time we figured he would stop eating when he was full so we just let him eat the entire thing. Anyway, the next morning we woke up to chicken noodle throw-up EVERYWHERE in his crib so we had to wash everything, including his dog blanket. [Yes, that was a story in and of itself and we feel like horrible parents..blah, blah, blah...so let's move on ;)].

So, his dog blanket was still in the dryer by the time his morning nap rolled around but I figured it wasn't a big deal and put him down to sleep...I was WRONG. He fell asleep pretty quick because he was tired but woke up 30 minutes later screaming and not stopping. So I went in and threw a burp cloth in his crib (because it's the same size as the dog blanket) thinking he wouldn't know the difference. He grabbed it, screamed then threw it across his crib. He screamed for another 10 minutes until I finally took his dog blanket out of the dryer (still a little wet) and threw it in the crib instead. He immediately grabbed it, stopped crying, threw it on his face and slept for another 2 hours. That little shit is so frickin' smart.


This was taken a few days later...thought I would add it to the bottom of this post.

3 comments:

  1. Lol!! Those darn blankies...do you have any back-ups? I was able to get one more for Ayla before they became discontinued. I went on an all-Internet hunt for more just in case...no such luck. For Aubree, I just bought a couple yards of that soft, minky stuff and my mom made her a dozen blankies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I remember your posts about Ayla & Aubree's blankets...found one on Amazon right now, buying it!

      Delete
  2. I was just going to suggest the SAME thing! We have 3 Teddy's and 3 Genevieve's (dogs). They have since found all my backups so they all 6 float around the house. But they are also 5 years old, so it's not imperative that they have them to sleep...but you never know! Backups are always good:)

    ReplyDelete