Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

Boy was this day crazy. I did a test drive at home before we left and this is how it went.


Thankfully it got better as the day went on and by the end he didn't even know it was there. After the test drive we headed to Marc's office. They did a trick or treat thing and a bunch of people dressed up, including Marc. He dressed up as a pirate and seriously makes the best pirate ever. Next year I'm going to convince him that he needs to wear eye liner as well! Can't wait!

Marc met us in the parking lot and Caiden was terrified. This lasted for a good 4 hours until Caiden got used to his costume. This meant I was pretty much a human stroller for a good part of the afternoon.









We didn't get home until 5:15 and on the way Caiden fell asleep. He only took a 2 hour nap earlier that day so by the time we left Marc's office he was a nightmare. I think everything was so overwhelming for the previous few hours that he was just exhausted. He cried for a good 20 minutes in the car and finally fell asleep as we were pulling in the neighborhood, go figure. So at 5:15 he took a 30 minute nap. I was so glad he did because I knew it would be a long night.

When he woke up we quickly fed him and then went to our neighbors. They had pizza and beer and a few friends over. There were a bunch of kids Caiden's age and they played in all the candy and ran around in their costumes. Our neighborhood is filled with kids and we've met a few families that we really like. We also took him around to those houses to say hi and then down the street to a house that goes all out every year. This year they created a mini haunted house in their front yard. They had about 10 people dressed up in scary costumes and a few carnival games. It was so much fun. There were even people that drove to our neighborhood just to trick or treat so the streets were super busy.

Marc and I traded off so that one of us was home to hand out candy. Marc was so excited because he wanted to scare kids. He had creepy Halloween music playing in the background and all the lights turned off. He said he got a few kids pretty good. Caiden was having so much fun by the end of the night and would watch all the kids come up to the door and loved being able to walk in and out. He kept his costume on all night and didn't mind a bit. Trick or treating was finished around 8:30 and by the time we were done seeing everyone in the neighborhood is was about 9. By the time Caiden got to bed it was 9:45! Way past his bedtime and by 9:30 he was so ready for bed. But it was so worth it and such a great night. I can't wait till next year! And we'll probably have all this leftover candy around until then as well.

Oh, and last weekend we carved the pumpkins that I bought at the pumpkin patch. We totally cheated and used power tools to do the job but they turned out so good. Here are a few pics:


  




No comments:

Post a Comment