Sunday, January 29, 2017
Caiden: 4 and a half years
I can't believe we're half a year away from having a FIVE year old! So much has happened since he turned four and I feel like I can see him getting more mature every single day. Sometimes it breaks my heart when I see him getting older and just want him to stop growing. He's tolerating Grace more and more everyday. He includes her in on activities and I hear him playing make believe with her and it makes me smile. We went to an indoor play center last week and he made sure Grace was always right behind him and showing her where to go and helping her if she got stuck. All of these things just make my heart melt (and then the other half the time they are fighting ;).
He loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He's only watched clips of the cartoon but he knows that they "battle" and he can't wait to watch it. I've been telling him for about a year now that he has to wait until he's five to watch it...and now that he's almost five I think he needs to be like eight or nine. But he is DEAD SET on watching it when he turns five. Not sure who's going to win that battle when the time comes. We got him a Ninja Turtle comforter for his bed and he's obsessed with it. All the turtles have to be displayed perfectly all the time, which pretty much means he makes his bed all the time...win, win! Although quite annoying at first when he would wake up in the middle of the night and his comforter would be all tangled up and he would wake us up to, "straighten his bed". He's gotten over that now but boy that was an eye opener the first few times he came in our room at 2am.
He's finally starting to enjoy school! He used to get bummed when it was a school day but now he's pretty excited. His teachers have told me that him and a few other boys have been playing, "Ninjas" on the playground. He loves to tell me about what the other boys choose for their turtle name and how they play. We've been setting play dates with those kids in the class and it's great to see him making friends.
He's starting to phase out of his naps. He'll go two or three days without taking a nap and then take one. It's another one of those big changes that really make you take note of how old he is getting.
He's still a big cuddler with me and almost every morning runs to our bed, jumps on me and just lays on me while I hug and kiss him. I call him "muffin" all the time and the cutest was when he got up from his nap and Grace ran up the stairs and yelled "muffin!" and gave him a hug. Marc and I were in tears with how cute it was.
He is such a good kid and we can't wait to see what he gets in to this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment