We received really good reviews from some friends on a video that helps learn sign language. I was skeptical in the beginning -thinking there was no way Caiden would sit through a video. But I was wrong. He's captivated by it. It's so cute, if you start singing the song ("Baby, baby, baby signing time"). He gets so excited and starts saying, "baby" over and over again and dances over to the TV and points at it until you put it on.
We've been showing him the video once a day for a month now and he is finally starting to get it. All the reviews on Amazon and our friends told us it takes a month or two before it finally clicks and then they just start doing it. So true. He knows how to tell us when he's hungry which is so awesome. It makes life so much easier. He also knows how to sign 'more', but chooses to say it instead which works for me. He knows how to sign cracker, milk and bird as well. Before the video I would do sign language with him while he ate but I feel like he wasn't understanding...who knows, he probably was, it just takes awhile.
The video is about 30 minutes long and he never wines or cares about anything else when it's on. It's the only thing I've really let him watch on TV but I don't feel bad because he's actually learning something. Such a lifesaver sometimes. I would highly recommend this video for others...at only $20 it's so worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment