Monday, June 23, 2014

Lake Tahoe

We went to visit our friends; Yann, Veronica and their two girls, who are four and five years old, this past weekend in Lake Tahoe. They live on the north shore of Lake Tahoe in Incline Village. Caiden had so much fun playing with the girls, playing with their toys, dancing with them and just following them around. He really does so well around other kids and you can tell just soaks it all in and learns so much from them.

It was the last time flying with Caiden as a freebie. No more lap child after he turns two next month. It was also the last time we'll ever fly as a family of three. He's really pretty easy on the flights, especially since we can both tag team him -not so much after this next one comes. I have a feeling our air travel with a baby and toddler are going to slow down a lot over the next few years. He was also a nightmare at night. He ended up sleeping in our bed with us which is no fun. I'm not sure what the deal is but he hates sleeping by himself in a different house. On Sunday night when we got home he slept for 12 hours in his own bed without waking up. Pure bliss after the previous three nights.

This is the view from the porch off their house (a horrible panoramic pic but you get the idea). They have lake views from every room in the house, it's pretty amazing. At night you can see the lights from the south shore all the way across the lake.


On Friday morning we went for a three mile hike. Downhill the entire way to the lake -then back uphill the entire way back to the car. I was definitely lagging behind on the uphill, luckily I had Guiliana, who is 4, to blame it on. I was more on her speed.





Friday night we made s'mores. Caiden wanted to help so desperately the entire time. Of course, the minute I would give him the stick the marshmallow would end up stuck to a log with coals all over it. I was constantly trying to help but he kept saying, "Caiden do it!"

You can see the look in his eyes in this picture that all he wanted to do was hold the dang stick. God for bid anyone else tried to touch it.

On Saturday morning we watched the Iran vs. Argentina World Cup game and happened to see Marc's cousin on TV!

After the game we went to the beach.




Caiden even took a two hour nap in the middle of the day!

After his nap we hung out at the pool. He was having a blast until....




 ....he made a wrong step and his face went in the water. Then he just wanted out.


This was a great trip and I'm so glad we went (despite the horrible nights of sleep). I had never been to Tahoe and really want to come back in the winter to go snowboarding...but I think that may have to wait until next year when Caiden is 3 and a half and old enough to ski and baby girl isn't a newborn anymore so we can get a babysitter or take turns watching her. I hate to say this, but it's really bittersweet that this was our last vacation as a family of three. I can only imagine the chaos that it going to reign down when we try to do this with two kids. Actually...we probably won't try to do this for at least a few years...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment