Saturday, October 11, 2014
Grace 2-months
Grace Rylee is changing constantly. Last week I was just staring at her thinking about how much bigger her little face and head have gotten...then I really looked at her legs and noticed a couple of rolls! She's putting on some weight and not just a teeny, tiny newborn anymore.
She found her hands a few days ago and spends a lot of her awake time staring at them. She's also smiling like crazy when you talk to her, it just melts your heart when she gives you a big gummy smile. In the past few days she started making little noises as you talk to her. Only a few squeaks and squawks but I can tell she's going to take off any day now. She's finally starting to fit into the 0-3 month clothes and I've had to pack away the few newborn outfits we had.
She's sleeping pretty well at night. She typically gives us from about 10pm-2 or 3am. I'll be up with her for about an hour and then we'll get another 2-3 hours out of her. Both her and Caiden wake up about the same time, between 7 and 8am. I'm not near as delirious during the day as I was with Caiden, he was up way more in the middle of the night and it was harder to get him back to sleep. She pretty much falls asleep at the end of eating and I can just slide her off of me and onto the bed. She's sleeping in the bassinet for the first sleeping session between 10-3am but for the second sleeping session she sleeps between Marc and I. It's just easier in the middle of the night and she seems to sleep a little bit longer than when we've put her back in the bassinet. During the day she's eating every three hours and napping in between.
I've ventured out just once with the two of them. A few days ago I took them both to the pumpkin patch in the morning for a couple of hours. Caiden was able go on some rides and burn some energy going up and down the big inflatable slide and she slept in the car seat. She woke up a couple of times but I just stuck the pacifier in her mouth and she was quiet. It's such a production getting them ready and both in the car, that is half the battle. Then making sure I have enough snacks for Caiden, diapers for both of them, sunscreen, hats, shoes on....so exhausting. But once we're out the door and at our destination Caiden has so much more fun than just sitting in the house doing the same ol' thing. And it makes the morning go by so much faster. Here's to more outings!!!
Here are some more pictures from our mini 2-month photo session...enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment