Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grace 3-months


So I kind of remember three months being the semi-sweet spot with Caiden. He started to get a little more predictable, he wasn't pooping every single time we fed him, he started sleeping a little bit better and he could entertain himself longer than 30 seconds while alone on the play mat. That seems to be the case with Miss Grace as well.

She's a much better sleeper than Caiden. Last night we put her down at 9pm and she didn't wake until 6am! That is about as good as she'll sleep so far...usually she's up around 3 or 4am...and every once in a while she's up at 2am. She's eating every 3 or 4 hours during the day. In the morning she'll nap for 30 minutes to an hour after eating but in the afternoon she'll take a 2-3 hour nap between eating.

She's not as good with tummy time as Caiden was but that's my fault...I just don't do it enough with her. I probably do 5 minutes every two or three days. This probably means she won't sit up or roll over as soon as Caiden did. But she has gotten the hang of rolling over to her back when she's on her stomach during tummy time.

She is starting to recognize all of our voices more each day. I'll be five feet away and talk to her and she'll just smile and smile, it's so adorable. When Caiden is within a few feet from her she'll listen to him and try to watch him as he darts around. She's starting to show a lot more interest in him the last few days. And since she'll smile at him now Caiden is starting to talk to her and try to get her attention. Marc spent the entire day with her on Sunday because I had a baby shower in LA and since then she's showing more interest in him, too!

She's a big grabber! She gets fist fulls of my hair, the back of my upper arm or my neck, all of which hurt like hell when she's squeezing and pulling, especially if we haven't cut her nails. I gently have to pry her tiny fingers (which have an abnormally strong grip) off while wondering if I have a bruise or have lost a crap load of hair.

She loves to "try" and suck on her fingers which makes me nervous. I try to give her the pacifier when she's cranky and tired since that might be a little easier to get rid of then her own fingers. And since one time she stuck her fingers so far down her throat that she gagged herself and vomited all over.

She's pretty awesome and we are having fun figuring out our family of four! We've even ventured out for breakfast a few times which was a success! It's usually the car ride home where Grace starts to get cranky so we try to stick to places within a 10 minute radius. Cheers to more outings!







No comments:

Post a Comment