Friday, December 12, 2014

Grace 4-months


She's got the most contagious smile. I don't know how her cheeks don't hurt from smiling so big. I just love that she's so happy -most of the time. She even smiles when we facetime with everyone. If you just show her the smallest amount of attention she goes crazy.

She's eating six times a day, one of those around 3:30/4am. She's usually asleep by about 8pm and then we'll feed her around 10pm right before we go to bed, sometimes she stays asleep and sometimes she wakes up, but only for 10 or 15 minutes. She'll wake up for the day around 7:30am. She's still taking about a 30 minute nap around 10am and another 30 minute nap around 1pm. Then she takes a long nap around 3pm. I'm lucky if I get her long nap and Caiden's nap that happens around 2pm to overlap.

Her and Caiden are beginning to entertain each other a little more everyday. Usually in the morning when he first sees her he loves to spend the most time with her. He'll sit next to her and smile, talk to her, rub her head and press his cheek against hers and she'll just stare in amazement. This lasts for ohhhhhh, about 6 minutes or so. ha. But I can see the beginnings of it lasting longer and longer. She's grabbed a handful of Caiden's hair a few times and I can see it in his eyes he doesn't know what to do. He just looks at me with these wide eyes like what is happening?  He knows to be gentle but I can tell he's confused why she doesn't have to and he does.

Caiden is slowly learning how to share his toys. If I'm playing with a toy with Grace then he automatically wants it. Doesn't matter what it is, he wants it. And then he'll just set it down away from us so we can't play with it. I've started putting him in time out when he just grabs things away from me or Grace and he doesn't like it.

We are just on the verge of packing away her 0-3 month clothes and breaking into the 3-6 month stuff. We have so many hand me downs from friends that she didn't even wear most of the 0-3 month stuff and I don't have enough drawer space for all the 3-6 month stuff. And I'm so lame and end up going to the same 4 or 5 outfits every day and just don't have the energy to explore other options.

Overall having two at home with me 24/7 is getting a tiny bit easier every day. As Grace is getting more independent she enjoys playing on her play mat for longer stretches which is very helpful. One of her favorite places is on the kitchen floor while we are all in there getting lunch or dinner ready. She won't say a peep and just watch us all walk around her.




No comments:

Post a Comment