Thursday, March 10, 2016

Caiden's first parent/teacher conference

I had Caiden's first conference this week at school. One of his teachers met with me, Miss Lisa, who I love. She's an older lady who has taught at the school for over 25 years. She is so sweet and just so lovely...but also doesn't let the kids get away with anything. His other teacher is Miss Kimberly and she has also taught at the school for over 20 years.

Overall Caiden is right on track. She said he's a bit of an observer...but as the school year has progressed he has come out of his shell and opened up a bit more during community talk time. She said he has two boys that he plays with the most, Micah and Grady -but Caiden really doesn't tell me too much about them. He loves the water table, riding the bikes and playing with the shaving cream play board during outside time. Inside he's very into his art time, loves play-doh, and story/imagination time. 

She said he's pretty good at sharing except for this one time when they had a "space day" and there was a Buzz Lightyear. They had to remind him many times to share. I just couldn't help but laugh because I could just see him trying so hard to share but not really wanting to -Buzz Lightyear is his favorite toy at home...he won't even let Grace look at it let alone touch it. I swear I tell him 10 times a day to share Buzz with Grace. She said he also needs help with his scissor skills -which I'm not sure I really want him taking off with scissor skills just yet so I'll leave that to a classroom activity. 

Just in the past month he has started to get into writing. He got a writing board for Christmas and he's starting to use it everyday. He's trying to write the letters of his name -but the only one he's really got down so far is a "C". And we're trying to properly show him how to use a pencil but he's still a little wonky on that. He's starting to draw stick figures for people and loves drawing random things on the writing board and then asking us what it is...because clearly it's just a bunch of scribble but we come up with a good creative answer every time and he just loves it.

Again, overall he's right on track and loving school more and more every day. Just this week I told him we are going to Costco to run an errand and he told me he didn't want to go. He said it was boring and he'd rather go to school! I was disappointed (because Costco is awesome) but also very happy because he finally enjoys school!

Here is his progress report and also a few of the activity sheets they do each day. I try to take a picture of it when I pick him up after school so I can talk to him specifically about what he did that day...otherwise I get nowhere with the "What did you do at school today?" question.




No comments:

Post a Comment