Monday, August 7, 2017

Caiden: 5-years


I feel like I was just sitting down to write his four year old post and now it's already days past his fifth birthday. Where does time go?!?! Here's just a glimpse of what he's up to.

He can't read yet but he's definitely interested in words and how to spell. He's constantly giving me five or six letters and asking me how to say it. None of them are real words but he's trying to figure out how the whole thing works.

He told us that he wants to be a Battler when grows up. Like someone who fights in battles, I suppose? When he gets around other boys he's constantly wanting to play fight and fake kick and push. And he's figuring out that most girls aren't really into that...unfortunately the hard way.

He's playing with Grace more and more everyday. I get glimpses of them playing together and it's so lovely. Just today it was time to come in and eat and he say's, "It's just so hard to eat right now. I just want to play with my sister." I almost just let it go and let him keep playing because they were having fun together. The best is when he teaches her how to hide and I find them under his covers hiding from me and they are giggling and trying to stay quiet.

He ALWAYS wants to know what is going on. If Marc and I are talking about something and he doesn't understand he immediately chimes in and asks a hundred times what it meant until we give him an answer.

He loves building things. We have a hand-me-down box of the classic wooden Tinker Toys and he loves putting them together to make robots, cars and guns. I would say in the last eight months that has been his go-to when were at home. We just did his first real Lego airplane. It took about an hour to walk him through the book and guide him on how to follow the directions left to right.

He loves to cuddle and lay with me every night before he falls asleep. He has to have a book read and a story from me and Marc every night. He's definitely phasing out of his naps. But almost everyday at the same time Grace goes down he lays in bed for at least 30 minutes before I tell him he can get out. Once or twice a week he'll fall asleep and actually sleep but usually he lays in there and talks to himself until he gets bored and asks me in the camera monitor if he can get out yet.

His bed is always made, his books are always in just the right spot and he usually finishes every drop of food on his plate even if he doesn't like it. I think he's going to be my "easy" one ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment