Holy half a year old already!?!? I'm cherishing every moment with this little guy because just like everyone tells me, "it goes by so fast".
So what's our little peanut butter doing these days, well....
- The biggest news that everyone already knows is that he has his two bottom teeth. They were a *itch coming in. For a good week he was waking up a few times in the middle of the night screaming and I wasn't really sure what to do...do I go in there and nurse him, do I pat his belly and tell him to go to sleep or do I let him cry it out. I hate to say it, but I pretty much just let him cry it out. I didn't want him to get used to waking up again at midnight or 1am and nursing, so I did what worked for me ;)
- He loves his morning nap. I'll put him in his crib wide awake around 10am and within a few minutes he's sound asleep with minimal to no crying or fussing. He loves his little dog blanket thingy and he'll take it and throw is over his face and fall asleep. He'll sleep anywhere from 2-3 hours. His afternoon nap is not so good. It's never more than 30 minutes and he is usually pretty fussy for about 10 minutes or so until he falls asleep. We've got to keep working on that one.
- We put him down to bed between 6:30-7pm and he sleeps for a solid 9-10 hours. He wakes up between 3:30-5am, I nurse him and he goes back down and wakes up for the day between 7-8am. I really don't mind nursing him at that time because by then I've got a solid block of 4-5 hours of sleep and then get another couple of hours. And I love how sleepy and cozy he gets in my arms at that time and will fall right back asleep, I know those days are numbered. And oh how crazy it sounds that I feel well rested after 4-5 hours of sleep....However, after we start feeding him solids I'm going to give him a few more weeks to get the hang of it and start getting a full belly before bedtime then he's going to have to start sleeping entirely through the night....we started solids yesterday, pictures to come.
- He's sitting up so well. I can leave him completely alone and he can play with stuff that's right in front of him but when he goes to try and reach for something far away he falls that way. I can see noticeable improvement every day, though.
- He's trying his darnedest to roll over. He goes from his belly to back no problem but he still needs a little umph to get from his back to his belly. I have walked out of the room or not been paying attention a few times and he ends up on his belly but he was under his little floor gym and I'm pretty sure he grabbed something to help give him that edge.
- He loves, loves, loves his jumper. He gets crazier and crazier in there every time we put him in it; jumps around like a maniac and squeals with happiness. The cutest thing is that he'll jump, then stop and look at me. Make sure I'm paying attention then laugh and jump again. He'll do this over and over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment