Monday, March 17, 2014

Little Rascalz class

I signed Caiden up or his first "soccer" class and it started today. It's called soccer but for his age group (18 months to 2 and a half) it's more than just soccer. They incorporate hockey, ribbons, a parachute, a tunnel and a few other things since there is no way to keep a 2 year old playing only soccer for 40 minutes. The class is at the park up the street from our house which is great...but also a bit frustrating because a few minutes after we got to the class he made a beeline for the swing. It's always the first thing he wants to do when we get to the park and today was no different. He got pretty mad at me a few times when I had to pick him up and turn him the other way back to the class. I was sweating so much about 10 minutes in trying to keep him occupied on the class and distracting him from the swings. I was a bit annoyed -I'm not paying good money for this class for you to swing...ha. Hopefully next week he remembers all the fun things he did today and he'll forget about the swings.

I'm pretty sure Caiden was the youngest in the class, being only 19 months and the class starts at 18 months, there were kids in the class that were almost a year older than him and just running circles around him doing everything the coach said while Caiden just wanted to smack balls around and run to the swings. The class lasts for a couple more months so I'm hoping he gets the hang of it after a few more weeks.

Everyone was supposed to run around and try to grab the others flag out of their backs. I love this picture and it makes me think about those first years when he plays flag football. He was obviously clueless about what I put in his pants and had no desire to chase anyone around trying to get theirs.

He loved these hockey sticks but he wanted to play t-ball with it instead. Yesterday he played with a t-ball set at the Santoro's and loved it so today he wanted nothing to do with hitting the ball on the ground. He wanted to pick it up and hit it.



I would say these ribbons were his favorite. 

Here's a video of Caiden with the ribbon. He didn't want to return it when it was time and tried taking all the ribbons the coach had from her instead of giving his back.

Here it is on YouTube if you can't see it below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6l2fYpltA



No comments:

Post a Comment