We got in on Saturday and for the first 3 or 4 days it was in the negative degrees. It was so cold and just so annoying. I really don't mind the cold weather, and kind of weirdly look forward to it when we come back -considering I only have to deal with it a couple times a year. But this was just stupid. Having to deal with a huge coat on Caiden and getting him in and out of a car seat was so obnoxious. By mid-week it wasn't as cold (we're talking 30's now) and we met some friends and family for lunches and dinners during the week, went to the zoo on Friday and I had Mickey's baby shower on Saturday.
On a side note, when we left to go back I was 16 weeks pregnant and was just starting to feel pregnant. By the time we left 9 days later I felt huge. I swear I'm going to start taking and posting belly photos soon!
Since we've been back home Caiden hasn't stopped saying, "Lizzy" anytime we see a dog. My dad took the older dog, Bud, with him hunting but we had Liz with us all week. She's only 6 months old so still really high energy and no regard for other people's space. Her and Caiden stand about the same height but she would just barrel over him if we didn't stay on top of her. They became such good buddies by the end of the trip and now when we Skype with my parents the first thing Caiden says is, "Lizzy".
He loved the dog food bowl, so much that he tried acting like Liz.
At one point when he started to get real comfortable with Liz he just jumped on her back like he was going to ride her.
Getting in the middle of the dogs playing session.
Giving Bud a hug
He loved to touch the tongues of all the animals in my Dad's studio. The buffalo was a favorite.
This is the only picture I have of Mickey's shower. This is me, Mickey and her sister in-law, Tina. Mickey is 28 weeks pregnant in this picture. She is having twins and I can't wait to meet them!
On the way home he fell asleep in the airport on our layover -about 10 minutes before our second leg. I had to pick him up out of the stroller and carry him on the plane trying to keep him asleep. I was so afraid he would wake up and think his nap was over and then be a nightmare the rest of the day. We were able to snag him a seat between us, lay him down and he slept the entire way. Best plane ride ever!













No comments:
Post a Comment