Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Baby Girl Ultrasound

Since we didn't do any late trimester ultrasounds with Caiden we wanted to do one this time around to see if we could get any good shots of her. Well, we didn't...lol, but it was still fun to go. She was so smooshed in there that the tech wasn't able to see very much. The placenta was right against her face and she was practically eating it so it was hard to get any pics where she wasn't a blob. He could tell her head was really, really low -which I already knew just from the pressure I feel, especially at the end of the day.

The tech weighed her at 7 pounds 9 ounces...but said this could be plus or minus a pound -so I feel like it's not a great indication of what she'll end up at. They measure three things to get this weight -the head, abdomen and one femur bone. Since she is still going to cook for another couple of weeks I'm probably looking at an eight and half pounder?  But who knows. 

He also didn't see much hair, just some little sprouts so it will be interesting to see if that is accurate considering Caiden had a pretty good amount of dark hair.

She has slowed down A LOT in the past three days. I'm pretty sure she's resting up to make sure she can keep us up for days on end here very soon. I haven't had any contractions, and only a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions weeks ago so I'm sure I've still got a few weeks before she makes her debut.


No comments:

Post a Comment