Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Caiden's birthday party

Well, okay...so we didn't have a party per se, but he was spoiled all day long. Aunt Sara and Dustin came down, he ate so many cookies, we sang "Happy Birthday" a dozen times, he opened so many presents, and we went to the beach after his nap. I would love to have a birthday like that!

He woke up in the morning to Sara and Dustin who arrived the night before. He gets so excited to see them and when we tell him that they are in the spare bedroom he'll throw open the door when they are still sleeping and run to the bed saying their name. Then we went downstairs and for the next four hours he opened presents, played with them and ate birthday cookies. I'm pretty disappointed with myself that these are the only photos we got all day.

Giving Sara kisses for his gift.

Having a tea party via Skype with my parents and all the stuff they got him.

A new Schwinn trike!

After his glorious three hour nap we headed to the beach! Caiden and me and Marc discovered sand crabs! There were millions all over the beach. You just pick up a pile of sand and they would come pouring out...pretty disgusting actually but Caiden loved them. He would say, "Caiden got 'em!", and we would make up names for each one.



I was pretty sad to see the day end. I can not believe he is two already, time is just flying by. The saying, "the days go slow, but the years go fast" has been going over and over in my head recently and I'm embracing every single day I have with him. Every night Marc and I say how much more fun and cute and precious he is and we love spending every minute with him. Happy Birthday, Caiden Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment