Sunday, May 5, 2013

A week in the life...

I knew the other top front tooth was on the verge of coming through any moment...but seriously, FOUR at the same time!?!? I'm not sure it's humane, but poor Mr. Max is handling it very well. He has 1 on the bottom popping through and then 3 on the top coming in. He's starting to drool again like crazy and of course putting everything in his mouth, but that's nothing new.

This past week I also took him in the pool for the first time. He was very hesitant at first and clung to me like never before. But we sat on the first step in the pool for awhile then started venturing into the deeper end. He was all good by the end, not really playing or getting adventurous at all but just pretty chill. We need to do this more often once it warms up for good this summer. I don't think I'll start swim lessons with him until he's at least two or three. Everyone has their opinions but a lot of research I've done and heard from my friends is that before that it's pretty useless. You taking them in like I did this past week is good enough to get them used to  the water. 
And the cutest thing happened this week. Caiden had his first kiss. Him and his little girlfriend, Mairin, who is a week older than him grabbed each other, opened their mouths and started sucking face. We were sitting on a bench next to Mairin and her mom, Tiffany, with the babies in the middle of us and they were grabbing and talking at each other when all of a sudden they both grabbed each others heads, opened their mouths and went in. There were six of us sitting at the table and we all freaked out and started laughing and pointing. Marc was videoing them but missed it by a few seconds, darn it.
Sara came down to San Diego this weekend, too! She came bearing gifts, these two are my favorite ;) Both German beers...I see a vacation to OctoberFest on my bucket list.

She also watched Caiden for us on Saturday for 5 hours while Marc and I were able to get some serious shopping done for our house. We went to a slab yard and purchased our granite piece for the built-in bar. We were there for 2 hours searching through pieces of granite that would match what we already have in the kitchen and I found the last piece of something they had, called giallo napoleon. Thank god we didn't have Caiden there with us, it would have been a nightmare. It was so hot, dirty and lots of waiting, we he would have been miserable. We went to a flooring place that had good reviews on yelp for the wood floors and came across a steal of a deal. The owners are Persian so Marc did his magic and got us a killer deal on the wood floors! Then we went to shop for a fan, which is so much harder than it sounds. Unfortunately for Sara she had to work pretty hard this time at babysitting. We fed Caiden eggs that morning for breakfast and I think it was just a bit too much. When he woke up from his nap Sara went up to get him and he was covered in egg barf. Sara, being the awesome aunt she is, took the bull by the horns, ran him a bath, got in with him and cleaned him from head to toe. She sent me this picture after it happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment