Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

So I just want to say that I feel old celebrating Mother's Day. I know that's probably not what everyone wanted or expected to hear, but that's how I feel. I tried not to bring too much attention to it today, except that I wanted to go out for breakfast, that's the only time I pulled it out. But when we were at Home Depot buying paint for the new house I think Marc was getting the stink eye from others. The lady behind the counter even asked if he was making me paint today. Haha, poor Marc. We weren't painting today, fyi, just getting a few gallons for the painter tomorrow and also some more samples to test upstairs. Then we went over to the new house to do a bunch of stuff. Oh my, we have SO MUCH that needs to happen in the next 2 weeks and we are depending on so many people it's kind of scary.

Marc did get me something though...jewelry! This was the first piece of jewelry he's purchased without getting my input. Even before we got engaged he took me shopping so I could give him ideas of what I wanted. He insisted on getting me something with Caiden's birthstone (a ruby; going to aim for an April baby next time because ruby's just aren't my color ;).

I was REALLY happy with what he picked out, very simple and delicate. He said he knew I would like it and he was right. I'm so proud of him. I wore it today, but unfortunately all Caiden wants to do when he's nursing is pull it off my neck. Going to have to keep it in my jewelry box for a few more months.

And also, a Happy Mother's Day shout out to my mom. I can't believe you put up with all my shenanigans growing up and you still loved me no matter what...well, actually I do. I used to wonder how you put up with me, but now I know. Like I've said before...how will I ever punish Caiden, turn him away or ever do anything to not put a smile on his face. It's a special bond, that between a mother and child, and I'm very fortunate to be able to look at this day in a whole new light. Love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment