Sunday, March 18, 2012

22 Weeks

22 weeks, 4 days
How far along? 22 Weeks
Total weight gain: 13 pounds
Maternity clothes? Not yet, just the bella band. But hitting up the H&M, Gap and other maternity stores are definitely on the horizon.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still sleeping good...one night I had some back pain that kept me up for quite a few hours, but I’m crossing my fingers that it was a one-time thing (at least this early in the pregnancy anyway). Oh, and I had a couple of bizarre pregnancy dreams this week. Nothing too crazy, but I was in labor, giving birth, etc…just weird because I’ve never had those types of dreams before.
Best moment of the week: Going to look at nursery furniture!
Miss anything: It’s the first week of March Madness and St Patty’s Day (double whammy)…green beer while watching the basketball games. 
Movement: Yes! Especially after I eat.
Food cravings: sweets, especially this Almond Toffee candy I bought at Costco this week on a splurge. I never buy stuff like this and Marc was not impressed considering he’s now eating a few of them each night ;) (For it being a Costco size container, they’re not lasting as long as I’d hoped, I better slow down.)
Anything making you queasy or sick: not much
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No

We started looking at furniture for the nursery and I think we’ve found everything at Pottery Barn Kids. I did some research online beforehand and then ventured out to the mall on Sunday. Marc was such a trooper, as we spent 2 hours looking at cribs, dressers, nightstands and rockers. Below are the pieces we have in mind right now, nothing fancy and we may change our minds. What’s great about the crib is that it converts to a toddler bed and then to a full size bed in the future.  I would also want to buy new hardware to replace the knobs on the nightstand and dresser; I don’t like what’s on there right now and that would give it some much needed color. And the rocker is one of the most comfortable chairs I’ve ever sat in. I figured since I’ll be up multiple times throughout the night and probably fall asleep in it, it’s worth it to splurge! I’m not sure about a color scheme yet; I was thinking a light grey for the wall color, but that’s as far as I’ve got. We’re not going to do a full on theme in the room, that’s just way too cheesy for my liking and seriously seems like a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment