| 33 weeks, 2 days |
How far along? 33 Weeks
Total weight gain: 24 pounds
Maternity clothes? I’m trying to wear regular clothes just bigger sizes rather than spend more money on actual maternity clothes. I feel like you slap a label on something as maternity and the price goes up so much. Although I do think I’m going to break down here and buy a pair of maternity jeans soon.
Stretch marks? Nope
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I’m actually surprised at how well I am sleeping. Knock on wood, please. But so far so good.
Best moment of the week: We had a great weekend in Virginia, besides the shower which was obviously fantastic, we had a surprise birthday for Marc on Thursday night and all of his friends came to his parent’s house and his mom cooked a big meal for everyone. He was genuinely surprised and I loved the shocked look on his face when the door opened and they were all standing there. Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures of it, but it was great!
We had lots of other birthdays to celebrate while we were there and one night we went to a club in DC (yes…a club), for a few hours for his brothers birthday. He had a table so I was able to sit without being really noticed as the pregnant girl in the club. If any of you have seen the movie, Knocked Up, where the two sisters try to get in a club while one of them is pregnant…it was totally the scene I was expecting to play out. But luckily the black dress I brought and the scarf I wore hid the bump pretty well and with a little maneuvering of my purse in front of my belly I don’t think they could tell when we walked in. We also went out to dinner with all of his friends to celebrate Hisham’s birthday and also just the two of us went out to dinner in DC one night. Overall it was a great weekend!
Oh, and I had a doctor appointment this week and Dr. Riley was able to tell that baby boy was in the head down position, hence the reason I get all my kicks and movement right under/at my rib cage. He said it’s very rare that he would move from this position so it’s looking good that he’s in position for a regular birth.
Miss anything: I can tell you being in a club and not having a cocktail or two was a first for me. Not that I missed it, just felt totally out of place.
Movement: It’s like an alien has taken over my belly when he moves around. And now that I realize that he’s head down I totally understand what those steady jerky movements are under my belly button…he has the hiccups. I’ve felt this like 4 or 5 times in the past few weeks.
Food cravings: Nothing really, just eating normal.
Food cravings: Nothing really, just eating normal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I get hot really quick. I have a few friends who are pregnant as well and a few months ago we’d be out and they’d get hot so quickly. They'd ask if I felt the same way and I’d be like, “ Nope, I feel fine”…lalala. Well, it finally hit me and now I know how they feel. At night I can’t sleep with blankets and during the day I’m constantly fanning myself.
Belly Button in or out? It’s still in/flat’ish
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Look forward to: Getting new windows and baby furniture. We are expecting new windows and doors to be put in our second floor in the next 3 weeks or so, then I hope furniture will arrive. Errr, I probably need to order the furniture for that to happen. I keep putting it off and not really wanting to deal with it. Although it would be nice to get all the clothes we’ve received in drawers instead of in piles on the floor.
Look forward to: Getting new windows and baby furniture. We are expecting new windows and doors to be put in our second floor in the next 3 weeks or so, then I hope furniture will arrive. Errr, I probably need to order the furniture for that to happen. I keep putting it off and not really wanting to deal with it. Although it would be nice to get all the clothes we’ve received in drawers instead of in piles on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment